Welcome to our 2-Hour Beginner’s Kayak & Canoe Lesson & Guided Tour Page!
Paddling the calm & meandering Humber River is the perfect way to get outside and try something new!
The Humber River is one of Toronto’s hidden gems and is home to a huge variety of wildlife, including Beaver, Blue Heron, Deer, Coyotes, Egret, Mink and much much more!
Our Kayaking & Canoeing Beginner’s Lesson & Guided Tour is a great way to get into the world of paddling! Our experienced instructors will provide a brief on-land lesson covering the basics before you embark on your guided tour of Toronto’s beautiful Humber River!
May – October 2023
Fun for all levels!
Toronto’s Humber River
Full Time Post-Secondary Students Save 25%!
Use Promo Code “STUDENT25” on the Check-Out Page! Must present valid Student ID at event Check-In.
How to Book
Find the date & time that works for you on our Events Calendar at the bottom of the page, then follow our easy online bookings steps to complete your reservation!
Pricing & Capacity
Kayak or Canoe Lesson & Guided Tour
Maximum Weight Capacities
Single Kayak: 1 Adult or Child (155 kg/340 lbs)
Tandem Kayak: 2 Adults (227 kg/500 lbs)
Regular Canoe: 2 Adults + 1 Small Child or Dog (273 kg/600 lbs)
Large Canoe: 3 Adults or 2 Adults + 3 Small Children (364 kg/800 lbs)
Paddle Board: 1 Adult or 1 Child (Age 12 and up) (118 kg/260 lbs)
Are you a Full Time Student?
Post Secondary Students Save 25%! Use Promo Code “STUDENT25” on the Check-Out Page.
Note: Must present Valid Student Photo ID at event Check-In.
Lesson & Guided Tour:
- Includes Boat Rentals (Boat(s) + PFD(s) “Lifejacket” + Paddle(s).
- Brief 15 Minute on-shore introductory lesson from our experienced instructors.
- 1.5 Hour Guided Tour of Toronto’s beautiful Humber River.
- Our experienced instructors to help you every step of the way!
Note: If selecting “Bring Your Own” option, no rentals are included.
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather!
- Wear closed-toe athletic footwear you don’t mind getting wet & muddy.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses & hats, are all recommended for sunny days!
- A water bottle.
- Change of clothes (required for all paddlers in May & October).
- Government Issued Photo ID.
How It Works
Learn to paddle this season with our 2-Hour Beginner’s Kayak & Canoe Lesson & Guided Tour located right here on Toronto’s Humber River!
Our Beginner’s Lesson & Guided Tour starts with a brief on-land paddling lesson before we get on the water for a 1.5 hour guided paddle of the Humber River’s calm meandering waters. Along the way, our experienced instructors will tell you about the Humber and its wildlife, while helping you hone your paddling skills. As the guide needs to go with the group, normally the pace is set by the slowest paddlers.
We Start & Finish this event at our Humber Location, so no need for a shuttle!
Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for Check-In to ensure the entire group can embark on the tour on time.
- Paddlers must be comfortable treading water while wearing a PFD and reaching a shoreline (minimum 20 metres to shore)
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied on the water by an adult or legal guardian.
- Waivers to be signed on location.
- Check your order confirmation for your specific event Dates & Start Time.
- Events are subject to weather and other factors out of our control. If we must cancel or delay an event we will let you know as soon as possible.
- We Start & Finish this event at our Humber Location, so no need for a shuttle!
Click Here to view our Cancellations & Rescheduling Policy
Frequent Paddler Discount Pass
Become a Frequent Paddler today and save on our huge selection of Kayaking, Canoeing & SUP Guided Tours, Lessons & Events! Best of all, by using your Frequent Paddler Discount Pass you can bring guests and book up to 4 boats/seats using your discount!
How Much? Our 2023 Frequent Paddler Pass is Only $20+tax!
Map & Directions
Click Here for Directions to our Humber River Paddling Centre
How to Book: Select the Date & Time that work for you, select which boat(s) you’d like to reserve and partake in the lesson & guided tour then follow our easy online booking process to complete your reservation.